Friday, February 25, 2011

Sit on this cylinder.



Perhaps it doesn't sound like a great invitation (title) and as I write this next sentence, it sounds more like phrase a doctor might say, but I love the idea of a soft stool. Seriously - call them poufs or cylinders - whatever. The idea of a backless stool, a formed beanbag, extra seating that could also support a tray of drinks - count me in. I'm a sucker for anything in my house that does double duty - seat + tabletop. I saw these Cayden Poufs at Crate and Barrel yesterday with my sons, and as I saw them jump and play with them, that lucky "ding-ding-ding" went off in my head - it's the sound I discover when something is both chic & boy-proof for my home. To get the "ding-ding-ding" for less than $100 is pretty sweet - as the Poufs at C&B retail for $80, but I can't help but think, can't I make those? They seem super easy to sew and they you would just need to fill them properly with the right foam. Finding foam is not the easiest thing. TBC on that DIY project...photo of gorgeous pouf pyramid below thanks to mymomsanerd.blogspot.com




Also, this very topic of soft stools was on designerpages today. Really.

No comments: